As working with eclipse is far easier while using shortcuts, here is the way to define your own custom keys and export them. This enables using them in every eclipse instance you use.
Define custom shortcut
1. Under Window -> Preference -> General -> Keys is window to set up shortcuts.
2. Find desired command and press desired keys combination in Binding text field. For instance I use Ctrl+R shortcut to clean project (command: Build Clean).
Export shortcut preferences
1. Go to File -> Export -> General section -> Preferences.
2. In the next screen choose Preferences (and anything else, you want to export)
3. save it to .epf file.
Import shortcuts from file
1. Go to File -> Import -> General section -> Preferences,
2. Choose previously saved .epf file
3. mark Preferences checkbox (and anything else, you want to import). That’s it.
4. Sometimes eclipse restart is required for changes to take an effect.
Did I help you?
I manage this blog and share my knowledge for free sacrificing my time. If you appreciate it and find this information helpful, please consider making a donation in order to keep this page alive and improve quality