There is not very much help on android Test Driven Development on the Internet. However I can recommend some tutorials listed below and desribed with details further in text. Most of examples covers the temperature converter which is surely very poor example of Android application… And definitely not the real life case of the killer app…
1. YouTube podcast just to relax and listen at the very beginning
2. Diego Torres lecture (the best so far)
3. Android Application Testing from Packt – worth giving a try if the two above are not enough
Reasons for my recommendations:
1. In order jus to listen as an introduction it is worth to spend 5 minutes on this YouTube podcast. There is no technical details mentioned, just basics and assumptions on TDD. Really good to listen to have some high – level information about what You are going to learn and use.
2. All the necessary basics are covered by Diego Torres lectures. Some theoretical introduction and practical examples of UI and logic testing. This is of course not everything that is needed to do TDD in Android, but it’s the best starting point. There is no details about ActivityUnitTestCase, which is also important to use in Android App testing.
3. Book requires much more time and concentration to read so it is recommended only if two above sorces are not enough (they aren’t in my case). Is it worth reading? As I heven’t found nothing better – it seems to be. It is not the best one. Still searching…
If there are more tutorials hidden on the Internet – please let me know! :)
Did I help you?
I manage this blog and share my knowledge for free sacrificing my time. If you appreciate it and find this information helpful, please consider making a donation in order to keep this page alive and improve quality