Here are the best tutorials (in my opinion) that I have found on the Internet about C2DM service for sending push notifications to Android device. There are three groups of them, each corresponds to one actor in the architecture. Details about Push notifications you can find in my previous post here.
1. Android application part tutorials
- Simple Google Android C2DM Tutorial by mediarain. I used this one to implement my app – it has everything that is needed
- Also use Google developers site to get familiar with some details regarding usage of C2DM Service
2. Server Part tutorials
- C2DM 3rd party Application server implementation. This is my implementation of server part, that is short and fully functional.
- Vogella tutorial. This guy is incredible – he has good tutorials for everything! Mine implementations is partially based on his tutorial
3. C2DM Server instructions
- Google developers site has all the information necessary to use C2DM Service (including registration, authentication and webservice requests and message formats)
Did I help you?
I manage this blog and share my knowledge for free sacrificing my time. If you appreciate it and find this information helpful, please consider making a donation in order to keep this page alive and improve quality